In this article, we will be sharing with you the 5 things that you should think about using with your standing desk. We’ll provide you with pictures of the recommended products, which you can click on to view, and we will also delve in to why we recommend it for you.
If you want your feet and joints in your body to feel extra comfortable whilst standing at your desk, then you should definitely consider getting a standing mat.
They come in so many different styles and types to suit your individual needs that you won’t feel left out. Some even come with a foot rocker, like the Varidesk model, which is so cool.
Let’s face it, we all get a bit tired whilst standing at our desks throughout the day. A standing stool can help to break up continuous periods of standing and will make you feel more energetic.
There are different types of standing stools that you can purchase, some have a flat seat and others have a round bulged seat. Whatever look and feel that you need, you’ll be sure to find it.
If you haven’t heard about earthing, where have you been? Earthing is an amazing concept that connects your body to earth’s natural, organic detoxifying pulses.
In a nutshell, we are encouraged to walk barefoot outside on surfaces such as sand and grass because numerous tests have proven there are immense benefits in reducing chronic pain, reducing stress levels and internal bodily healing.
We will soon write an in-depth article discussing the colossal benefits and advantages of earthing, also known as grounding. In the meantime, you can purchase this book from Amazon titled ‘Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever!’ to learn more.
Air purifiers are a great piece of equipment to have in your home and office. The problem is, they’re kinda big and you need to make ample space for them in your room. The best way to work around this is getting a mini USB air purifier that sits on your desk.
Air purifiers are great for helping you breathe better and removing pollutants in the air, essentially improving the quality of oxygen that you inhale into your body. Air purifiers are known to clean and clear allergens, odors, pollen, smoke, dust and germs. If you’re conscious about your health then make sure this is on your desk by tomorrow.
Did you know that you could get a treadmill base unit to fit right under your desk, so you can be walking whilst you’re working. Isn’t that so amazing.
Many of us, today, have activity trackers on our apps, smartphones and smartwatches where we set daily walking distance targets for ourselves. Using a treadmill would efficiently help us achieve those targets we set for ourselves.
A Few Extra Standing Desk Considerations:
- Exercise Bike – Yes it’s true, not only are there treadmill desks but there’s also exercise bike desks! Something to think about.
- Folding Hyperextension Bench – When you’re taking a 5 minute break from standing at your desk, why not consider doing a quick set of hyperextension exercise to strengthen your core.
- Monitor Stand – This may sound weird, to have a monitor stand on a standing desk, but you might find that you may need to increase the height of your monitor so that your eyes are level with the top of the screen (as recommended by posture experts).
- Laptop Stand – If your laptop is connected to a monitor screen, then it may be a good idea to invest in a laptop stand, to not only hold the laptop in place, but to align both screens together.
- Phone Stand – This is useful to quickly read your notifications as soon as they appear, since it would be hard to read when laying flat on the desk.
- Tablet Holder – This tablet desk attachment is a great space saver when you need to use your iPad, Samsung or Kindle as a second or third screen.
Even though we stated 5 things in the title of this article, we couldn’t help but include a few extra ones. The 5 mentioned at the top of the page are what we consider to be the most important additions you could make to your standing desk and the rest are additional ones which could be just as important for you, depending on your needs.
We recommend for you to have a look at all of these options individually by clicking on the various images and links and proactively consider whether or not you would benefit by having these on, or alongside, your existing standing desk setup.